For the tenth straight year, CIBC has been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers in an annual competition by MediaCorp Canada Inc. that celebrates leading companies in workplace inclusion and diversity.
"At CIBC, inclusion is foundational to the way we do business, and we continually look for ways to enable our team members to bring their best self to work to help meet the diverse needs of our clients," said Sandy Sharman, Senior Executive Vice-President, People, Culture and Brand. "We are proud to foster a workplace culture where every employee can reach their career ambitions and feel they belong."
Some of the ways CIBC invests and fosters inclusion inside the bank and in the communities we serve include:
- Ten People Networks like our Black Employee Network, Women's Network, Pride Network for LGBT+ employees, WorkAbility Network for persons with disabilities and Indigenous Employee Circle that engage and connect more than 14,000 team members across the globe;
- Support for organizations that seek to advance women in the workplace, including Catalyst, Women in Capital Markets, #movethedial and Hackergal;
- An ongoing commitment to ensure eight to nine per cent of annual hires are persons with disabilities, and participation in The Valuable 500, an international initiative striving to place disability on the business agenda
- Investing in our team members' inclusive leadership capabilities through programs such as Disrupting Unconscious Bias, and most recently, Inclusive Client Interactions training; and
- Launching initiatives, tailored to our clients' unique needs, such as Women and Wealth and our Welcome to Canada Banking Package.
To learn more about why you belong at CIBC, please visit: https://www.cibc.com/inclusion