ATMIA appreciates the support of our attendees and sponsors at our industry events. As such we are increasing measures to protect our events from the opportunistic and unprofessional practice of suitcasing/outboarding. ATMIA has adopted a zero tolerance policy regarding suitcasing. Suitcasing is a parasitic business practice where companies gain access to an event and solicit business in the aisles or other public spaces used for the conference, attempting to gain commercial value from a business event to which they contribute nothing thereby undermining the overall value for paying sponsors, exhibitors and delegates. This practice undermines the event and the industry. ATMIA recognizes that suitcasing may also take place in a hotel guest room, hospitality suite, restaurant, or any other public place in proximity to our event. For the purposes of this policy, suitcasing violations may occur at venues other than the exhibition floor and at other events. It is for this reason ATMIA must be informed of any hospitality suites, and expressed consent must be given prior to the event.
- By registering for an ATMIA conference you are agreeing to let ATMIA use any photos taken at our events for any future ATMIA marketing or promotions.
- You will receive periodic emails containing essential conference information and important updates pertaining to the event.
- Your first name, last name, company and job position will be included in materials relating to the event, including as part of the attendees list displayed on the mobile app.
- Please note that all industry professionals at the host venue are expected to be registered for the conference. ATMIA will not allow individuals or companies that are not registered for the event to mingle around and network “for free”. This is freeloading. Anyone who is observed to be soliciting business in public spaces who is not registered will be asked to leave immediately or to pay the proper registration fee. One doesn’t walk into a cinema without paying for a movie ticket because it’s not ethical.
- Badge sharing is not permitted at any ATMIA events. Everyone attending the conference must be registered individually and properly. Anyone caught badge sharing will either pay the registration fee or be asked to leave.
Beware of Scammers
Scam offers for the ATMIA list and hotels are rampant and we can do nothing to stop them except to educate you. PLEASE BE AWARE of any too good to be true offer. To protect your company, know the facts:
- We do NOT sell our attendee lists EVER. Any offers to buy our attendee list are a scam.
- We NEVER call to ask you for your credit card to make a payment. You are welcome to call us anytime to make a payment but do NOT give your credit card to any one calling who says they are from ATMIA.
- Companies posing as third party ATMIA housing providers offering hotel reservation services for this or any ATMIA event have not been authorized to contact you. Making a reservation though one of these organizations may result in you not having a room reservation and fraudulent charges on your credit card. If you need to book hotel rooms, please book them only through this website or by contacting the the hotel directly. Please report any suspicious and unsolicited offers to Dana Benson.
- If the email looks suspicious, delete it! When in doubt, call or email us. We respond quickly and are always happy to talk to you.
If you are unable to attend the conference, you may substitute a colleague to take your place at no extra charge. However, if sending a replacement isn't possible, the following cancellation terms will apply:
- Three weeks or more prior to event - $200USD administration fee will be charged.
- Less than 3 weeks prior to event - 25% of original payment will be refunded plus conference download information will be sent.
- One week or less prior to event - no refund, but conference download information link will be sent.
- No refunds will be issued if cancellation is received after an event, or if the delegate does not attend the event.
All cancellations must be in writing and refunds, if any, will be issued according to the dates above.
Exhibitors and Sponsors
In accordance with the following cancellation policy, all cancellations must be received in writing in order to qualify for a refund. Refunds will be based on a sliding scale.
|90 or more days prior to the event
||$1,000 administrative fee will be deducted
|45-90 days prior to the event
||50% cost of booth/sponsorship
|Less than 44 days prior to the event
In the event that ATMIA or the represented organization elects to cancel an event, ATMIA will refund only payment made directly to ATMIA and will not be held responsible for other costs of expenditure incurred by the sponsor/exhibitor. ATMIA will not refund payment or assume additional costs and liability that result from "acts of God" or criminal activity. All refunds will be issued within six weeks of receipt of written cancellation.